We are in 2011 and it is next to impossible for individuals as well as businesses to NOT
be online. And a ‘layman’ does not always know what the basics of going online are. This post is dedicated to those who are ‘thinking’ to go online but do not have a definite source to start with. Here are the primary requirements of going online:
- Domain Name: You need a domain name to go online. Do you want yourself to be recognized as an individual (your name: first or first & last) or as a brand (business name or a funky, trendy name)? Domain names are extremely important as you’ll be known on the Internet through them. You need to put quality effort in getting yourself a domain name that represents you on the web.
- Web Hosting: Once you finalize your domain name, you’ll need space to ‘host’ your details on the Internet. Web hosting is the second major important step in the direction of going online. You need a reliable, secure and yet easy-to-use web hosting platform to help you develop, maintain and grow your website/online presence. You also get email accounts with your hosting account.
- Build a Website: Once the above two basics are in place, the third most important thing to work on is your website. You need to develop a website that represents you in the true sense on the Internet. It should communicate your personality type (if you are an individual) / business theme (if you are a business) to the readers.
To help you get started, here is a limited-time, exclusive coupon code
that will fetch you great discounts on relevant products at BigRock.com. Use “< jiggsatworkonnet
>” when you transact at BigRock.com to get:
- Up to 50% discount on Hosting, Email and Do-It-Yourself Website builder products.
- 10% discount on all other products
BigRock is the fastest growing provider of web-presence solutions to small-businesses, professionals and individuals. Their product portfolio includes - Domain registration, Web & Email Hosting, Website Builders, Digital Certificates and much more. BigRock aims to fill a critical void in the web-presence industry with its innovative suite of web products designed to fortify businesses’ competitive advantage and unleash their true potential. With a proven platform that powers over 5 million domain names worldwide, BigRock is committed and confident of unlocking tremendous value for its customers. This is a great opportunity & offer to jump into the ‘online’ race!
Once these three factors are in place, you are ready to make your presence felt on the web. But remember the rule: “just because you’ve built it, they (customers/readers) will not come”! You need to promote your website through all possible mediums (your business cards, letter heads, blog, print media, online, tv, etc) that can help you attract targeted audience to your website. Get in touch with a good Internet Marketing Company
to help you achieve your online business goals.
All the best with your online venture!
Labels: basics of going online, build a website, domain names, going online, go online, internet marketing, web hosting